Finn Weave Draft
In Finnweave, threads 1 and 2 weave the upper(background) layer and threads 3 and 4 weave the bottom(pattern) layer.
1. Pedal # 8 – shafts 3 & 4.
With pick-up stick, pick up the 2 threads for each vertical line of the pattern design.
Close the shed.
2. Move the pick-up stick to the reed and weave the upper layer – shaft 1
3. Raise shaft 2 and weave the second upper layer yarn.
Remove pick-up stick.
4. Pedal # 7 – shafts 1 & 2
Pick-up the 2 background threads, following the pattern.
The pick-up stick holds up the background while you weave the bottom layer.
Push the pick-up stick towards the reed and close the shed.
5. Raise shaft 3 and weave the lower layer.
6. Raise shaft 4 and weave the second lower layer.
Last Updated on April 25, 2021 by Paivi Suomi