- Use clean, premordanted fleece or yarn (wools, cotton, silk, linen).
- Measure the Sandalwood into a small dish. (200% WOG)
- Add alcohol to cover and let stand for 30 minues.
- Place the treated Sandalwood into a nylon stocking and add into a heated dyepot to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add clean, premordanted fibre or yarn into the dyepot and simmer for 1 hour.
- Allow the dyepot to cool.
- Remove the fibre or yarn, rinse and let dry.
Shop for Natural Dyes at Paivatar.comWild Color, Revised and Updated Edition: The Complete Guide to Making and Using Natural Dyes Botanical Colour at your Fingertips The Modern Natural Dyer: A Comprehensive Guide to Dyeing Silk, Wool, Linen and Cotton at Home A Weaver’s Garden: Growing Plants for Natural Dyes and Fibers The Rainbow Beneath My Feet: A Mushroom Dyer’s Field Guide Harvesting Color: How to Find Plants and Make Natural Dyes A Heritage of Colour: Natural Dyes Past and Present by Jenny Dean (2014-06-10) Wild Color, Revised and Updated Edition: The Complete Guide to Making and Using Natural Dyes The Art and Craft of Natural Dyeing: Traditional Recipes for Modern Use EBAY – NATURAL DYES NATURAL DYES – US NATURAL DYES – UK
Categories: NATURAL DYES