Corking, also called a knitting knobby or spool knitting is used to make tubes of knitted cord that can be sewn together for mats, coasters and crafts.
- Push the yarn through the centre hole from the top to the bottom, leaving a 4 – 6″ tail.
- Hold the corker (spool knitter) in your left hand and wrap the yarn around the first peg of the corker, from left to right (counterclockwise).
- Turn the corker 1/4 turn (clockwise) and wrap the yarn around the next peg.
- Repeat with the 3rd and 4th pegs.
- Give the yarn a slight tug on the tail, to tighten the loops into place.
- Wrap the yarn around the first peg again and hold it in place with your left hand.
- With your right hand, using the needle provided in the corker kit, or a croche hook, lift the first loop on the peg, over the second loop and drop it off the peg.
- This forms a knitted stitch.
- Turn the corker 1/4 turn clockwise and wrap the yarn around the second peg.
- Lift the bottom loop on the second peg, over the top yarn, forming the next knitted stitch.
- Give a slight tug on the tail of the yarn, and repeat the above steps working your way around the pegs until you have knitted the length of cord required.
- To cast off, break the yarn and pull it through each stitch on the pegs.
- Remove the loops from the pegs and pull the yarn tight to secure.
How to Knit with a Sock Loom
How Long does it take to knit
How to Make an Alum Mordant
How to Mordant Cotton and Linen Yarns
How to Sew Handwoven Fabric
How to Spin a Cabled Yarn
How to Make a Tin Mordant
How to Make a Twisted Fringe
How to Use a Corker
How to Wash Fleece
How to Felt
How to Use a McMorran Balance
Beautyflier Plastic Handy Knitting Spool French Knitter 4 Peg Prong
Learn to Loom Knit for Your Dolls: A Kid’s Guide to Loom Knitting for Dolls
Clover 3100 French Knitter Bead Jewelry Maker with 3 Interchangeable Heads
Afghans & Bed Runners for Knitting Looms: A Step-by-Step Guide for Creating 12 Stunning Projects on a Knitting Loom
[ebayfeedsforwordpress feed=”http://rest.ebay.com/epn/v1/find/item.rss?keyword=yarn&categoryId1=36589&sortOrder=BestMatch&programid=15&campaignid=5338663940&toolid=10039&listingType1=All&descriptionSearch=true&sellerId1=moomin53&feedType=rss&lgeo=1″ items=”5″]
Or Please visit my Channel on Rumble for more how-to videos. https://rumble.com/Paivatar