Handwoven fabric can be easily sewn with a bit of extra care.
- Wet finish and press the handwoven fabric prior to cutting.
- Cottons can be washed in hot water, dryed in the dryer and steam ironed.
- Add an extra 1/2 inch seam allowance and cut the fabric pieces.
- Finish all cut edges immediately with a zig zag stitch, to prevent ravelling.
- Sew project according to pattern directions.
- For soft fabrics, you can use a fusible interlining to increase the stability of the fabric.
- Fine fabrics can be finished with French seams.
- Edges can be finished with zig zag stitching or can be turned over and sewn with a straight seam.
- A serger makes a fast and easy seam finish as well.
How Long does it take to knit
How to Make an Alum Mordant
How to Mordant Cotton and Linen Yarns
How to Sew Handwoven Fabric
How to Spin a Cabled Yarn
How to Make a Tin Mordant
How to Make a Twisted Fringe
How to Use a Corker
How to Wash Fleece
How to Felt
How to Use a McMorran Balance
The Key to Weaving: A Textbook of Hand Weaving for the Beginning Weaver
The Weaver’s Companion (The Companion Series)
Learning to Weave
The Big Book of Weaving: Handweaving in the Swedish Tradition: Techniques, Patterns, Designs and Materials
The Handweaver’s Pattern Directory
A Weaver’s Book of 8-Shaft Patterns: From the Friends of Handwoven
Krokbragd: How to Design & Weave
Doubleweave: On Four to Eight Shafts
Double Weave: Theory and Practice
Magic of Doubleweave: The Best of Weaver’s (Best of Weaver’s series)
Weaving In the Arts: Widening the Learning Circle
[ebayfeedsforwordpress feed=”http://rest.ebay.com/epn/v1/find/item.rss?keyword=stoorstalka&categoryId1=14339&sortOrder=BestMatch&programid=15&campaignid=5338663940&toolid=10039&listingType1=All&descriptionSearch=true&sellerId1=moomin53&feedType=rss&lgeo=1″ items=”5″]
[ebayfeedsforwordpress feed=” http://rest.ebay.com/epn/v1/find/item.rss?keyword=weaving+loom&categoryId1=14339&sortOrder=BestMatch&programid=1&campaignid=5336495175&toolid=10039&minPrice=100.0&listingType1=All&descriptionSearch=true&feedType=rss&lgeo=1″ items=”3″]
Last Updated on April 1, 2020 by Paivi Suomi